Monday, January 24, 2011

Are We Humans? Or Are We Dancers?

Lately I've been listening to an old school song. Old and outdated as it is, some things just never really expire.

I've connected the song to a female friend of mine, that despite knowing her since secondary school and after all this years of keeping close, we never really actually close.

I've seen her changed from the studious type, to the boyfriend type, to the rough time in her relationship. Pretty much everything it is. Somehow this song is the one song we both have in common for a long while, and singing it brings back chemistry in my memories of her.

I've decided that I want to have her as my friend for the many, many decades that's to come. I will want to be there for her when the going is smooth and rough, and more.

That's true. I choose the things in my life and she's one I've chosen.

No comments: