Sunday, May 30, 2010

One step back for two steps forward

Some people takes pleasure in doing the simple things of life, like selling noodles at a market morning to night. Some people sail out to sea on their boat and come back with a day's catch, contented.

Some people like my mum wakes up every morning and travel 1 hour to work, manages the finance of her company and come back late at night tired but I suspect, contented.

But for me, I know what I like doing but I don't know what I want. All I know is I don't want to live a life like that, a nine to five job where time invested is almost directly and uniformly proportionate with the income with respect to the years spent doing it. I don't want that. I want a life where I could work perhaps a collective 2-3 days a week and do well enough to not be bothered about monetary issues.

Ofcourse I could just lower my standards but the challenge is to actually not doing so yet working out the results.

How do I do that, I don't know.

I'm just not contented. In a few many many years time we'll know if I'm just talking empty talks or not. But for now, tomorrow is still a Monday. Life goes on.

No comments: