Saturday, October 4, 2008

Petrol for Chivas

P/s: This post has everything to do with Ivan's Chivas for Petrol? post here. Read it first.



Graphic from abc.net.au

During the current semester break, I've went back to Malaysia to spend my holidays there. While I was back, I was being accompanied by this friend of mine, Ivan who selflessly did all the necessary driving between us both most of the time when it comes to travelling.

It not that I suck at driving, but lets just say he's more experienced between us both, and besides it's his car after all.

He just don't trust my driving.

Picture taken by Rahul Koneru USING MY PHONE =]


And according to him, there exist another unspoken rule when it comes to car pooling- the driver's the boss; he/she is always right.

You just got to agree with that , unless you don't intend to stay in the car.

True enough.

Bad things do happen on the road

So during then, we drove alot. In just a few action packed days, the fuel tank is crying out to be refuelled, only to last us a few days more before it's a visit back to the gas kiosk.He apparently claims that his petrol consumption has somewhat doubled.

To rubbish that claim is the easier thing to do , but perhaps he does actually have a point. (Unless.. he has been drinking petrol behind my back, since I've always tempt him to some Chivas which I'd happily kept in his car, and as his counter argument suggests " feed Chivas to car" , for all we know he's doing just the opposite)


Do he look like freakin' petrol drinker ?

" I noticed that my petrol consumption seems to have doubled. "

-Ivan voicing out his observation


So after countless routine nagging voicing out his opinion sessions, I kinda quite got the point.

At one hand there's this dude who somehow always never fail to mention about petrol price and enormous sudden petrol consumption ( who also happens to have a soft spot for Chivas) , and on the other a bottle of Chivas 12, bought in Cambodia a few months back which I have no plans for it's future whatsoever.

And so, solution? Just bribe him give it to him as a token of sincere appreciation. Problem solved.


But then again, value wise, was it a equal/fair/good/positive/(profitable) trade?

After putting in consideration the fact that( according to him), he normally spends a mere RM80 a week or so on petrol and during my presence ( filling it up was twice more frequent because "petrol consumption doubled"), multiplied with the duration of stay in weeks ( 3 weeks), minus the pick-up-Alan factor, plus the rare occasion when he drove me to some nearby shop to restock on my fishing gears , and including the outside factors, I would say the comparison is very much inconclusive.

To convince him of my theory and relative quantitative calculations, I've considered attempting to convey such controversial logic to him in verbal terms. But then again, who knows, it might just spark another round of endless debate and cause us to settle it by praying which indirectly means spending more petrol.

devoted prayees
picture from
During the current semester break, I've went back to Malaysia to spend my holidays there. While I was back, I was being accompanied by this friend of mine, Ivan who selflessly did all the necessary driving between us both most of the time when it comes to travelling.

It not that I suck at driving, but lets just say he's more experienced between us both, and besides it's his car after all.

He just don't trust my driving.

Picture taken by Rahul Koneru USING MY PHONE =]


And according to him, there exist another unspoken rule when it comes to car pooling- the driver's the boss; he/she is always right.

You just got to agree with that , unless you don't intend to stay in the car.

True enough.

Bad things do happen on the road

So during then, we drove alot. In just a few action packed days, the fuel tank is crying out to be refuelled, only to last us a few days more before it's a visit back to the gas kiosk.He apparently claims that his petrol consumption has somewhat doubled.

To rubbish that claim is the easier thing to do , but perhaps he does actually have a point. (Unless.. he has been drinking petrol behind my back, since I've always tempt him to some Chivas which I'd happily kept in his car, and as his counter argument suggests " feed Chivas to car" , for all we know he's doing just the opposite)


Do he look like freakin' petrol drinker ?

" I noticed that my petrol consumption seems to have doubled. "

-Ivan voicing out his observation


So after countless routine nagging voicing out his opinion sessions, I kinda quite got the point.

At one hand there's this dude who somehow always never fail to mention about petrol price and enormous sudden petrol consumption ( who also happens to have a soft spot for Chivas) , and on the other a bottle of Chivas 12, bought in Cambodia a few months back which I have no plans for it's future whatsoever.

And so, solution? Just bribe him give it to him as a token of sincere appreciation. Problem solved.


But then again, value wise, was it a equal/fair/good/positive/(profitable) trade?

After putting in consideration the fact that( according to him), he normally spends a mere RM80 a week or so on petrol and during my presence ( filling it up was twice more frequent because "petrol consumption doubled"), multiplied with the duration of stay in weeks ( 3 weeks), minus the pick-up-Alan factor, plus the rare occasion when he drove me to some nearby shop to restock on my fishing gears , and including the outside factors, I would say the comparison is very much inconclusive.

To convince him of my theory and relative quantitative calculations, I've considered attempting to convey such controversial logic to him in verbal terms. But then again, who knows, it might just spark another round of endless debate and cause us to settle it by praying which indirectly means spending more petrol.

devoted prayees
picture from imageshack.us

And so I've rightly decided it wasn't worth it.

So I somehow convinced him it is better or at lease as good as than petrol.

They are pretty much the same after all, since pouring em' down the petrol tank would work as well as the real deal , if not better.

So,reminder- the next time on an sponsored overseas trip(Cambodia would be fine), if the opportunity do arise, and liquors are sold at dirt cheap price, just grab it. Grab first , think later. It might just one day come in handy.

Expedition touring the streets of Cambodia. What's that at the top right corner? lol.



No comments: